Zvffvba pbageby sbe lbhe frafvgvir qngn
Backbone Secrets includes everything you need to protect your most sensitive digital assets, striking a balance between robust protection and seamless user experience. Stay ahead of the curve with a platform tailored for the real-world cybersecurity challenges of the modern enterprise.
- Store credentials and files
Safeguard your valuable information, such as passwords, documents and 2FA credentials in secure digital vaults with a familiar hierarchical folder structure.
- Share securely with your team
Invite collaborators to securely share common files, folders and credentials. Alternatively share one-off snapshots of specific resources outside your organization, on a case by case basis.
- Control access, at any level of detail
Adapt privileges by user, resource and type of access - giving you the flexibility to decide who can view, edit, or share specific information within your organization.
- Protect assets, not just systems
A successful attack on Backbone wouldn't reveal any of your data, and the blast radius of user account compromise is inherently limited by access level and privileges.
- Manage identities and policies
Establish and enforce cryptographically-assured identity management and access policies to prevent unauthorized tampering and ensure non-repudiation.
- Ensure regulatory compliance
Stay compliant with key regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, or CCPA using end-to-end encryption that allows you to deploy compliant storage and sharing capabilities in sensitive environments.
Sbe lbhe rlrf bayl
Backbone is designed to withstand the most rugged cyber terrain. Built with safety, tamper-evident technology and user-centric design in mind, we deliver uncompromising security. Your data is encrypted before it leaves your device, and can only be decrypted by those that have been explicitly granted access.
The exchange of cryptographic keys to facilitate this sharing is end-to-end encrypted like everything else, and doesn't rely on trusting Backbone (or any other service provider) to act as a trusted intermediary at any stage of the process, unlike virtually every other encrypted security solution.
If Backbone is ever compromised or otherwise compelled to reveal your data, we would be unable to comply on account of user data residing encrypted on our infrastucture (or satellite on-premise deployments). Given that Backbone as a service provider doesn't actively participate in key negotiation or distribution, your security is only limited by the strength of the credentials you use to sign in.
Our technology guarantees the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive information — a bastion for safeguarding against cyber threats. Whether it's in the realm of financial services, defense, healthcare or corporate, Backbone sets a new standard for security — providing peace of mind in today's digital landscape.
To that end, our trust model draws inspiration from PGP and X.509 PKI, combining the best of both worlds to establish a secure, scalable and reliable means of verifying the authenticity of identities and the validity of resources within a workspace.
Under our data model, Backbone users manage unique cryptographic keys for every workspace they maintain in their network of trust. Within a workspace, users' keys entitle them to access, manage or share the set of resources they have been granted explicit access to. The same keys assure that any resources accessed have not been introduced or tampered with by unauthorized third parties.
Serdhragyl nfxrq dhrfgvbaf
Have a different question and can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out by sending us an email and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
- How can I recover my account if I've forgotten my password?
- As an end-to-end encrypted platform, neither Backbone nor its systems have knowledge of, a way to retrieve, or way to reset your sign-in credentials. If you have already lost these credentials, there is unfortunately no way for the team to recover the account or your workspaces. You may wish to create a new account and reach out to your points of contact for third-party workspaces to reinstate your access under the new user account.
- Has the encryption been audited by a third party?
- Backbone's cryptographic mechanisms are currently undergoing third-party audits. The cryptographic primitives we rely on have been thoroughly audited, and are not known to have practical weaknesses despite many years of analysis. Many of our cryptographic libraries have undergone security audits financed by Threema. We plan to open-source our cryptographic protocols and codebases as soon as we conclude the relevant audits.
- Do you store any cookies?
- We don't store any cookies on your device, nor do we track you. In fact, we store no personally identifiable data on you whatsoever with the possible exception of contact and billing information, if and only if you choose to provide them.
- Can you sign a GDPR DPA, CCPA DPA or HIPAA BAA?
- You may request a DPA or BAA signature from us if your organization is on our Professional or Enterprise tier. Please contact our support team for more information.
- Why is Backbone Secrets free for up to 5 users?
- Backbone Secrets is a freemium product and we do not intend to ever transform it to a fully paid service. If you need advanced capabilities, more storage space or a higher resource ceiling, please check out our paid pricing plans.
- What technology do you use to secure user data?
- Where possible, we use libsodium-compatible cryptographic primitives. We use EdDSA with Ed25519 for signing, ECDH with X25519 for key exchange, XSalsa20-Poly1305 for authenticated encryption with associated data (AEAD) and Argon2id for password-based key derivation.
Cebgrpg lbhe qvtvgny nffrgf.
Fgneg hfvat Onpxobar Frpergf.
Backbone Secrets combines state-of-the-art technology with an intuitive user experience, giving your team the ultimate tool for secure collaboration.